NEW: Videos of bluesy waltz variations can be found at: libraryofdance.org/dances/bluesy-waltz
A collection of contemporary bluesy waltz figures.
- Shifting Weight, Sways
- Balance Steps
- Surge Through with the Music
- Double Hesitation
- Box Step Waltz (and Box Step Waltz Figures)
- Cross Step Waltz (and Cross Step Waltz Figures)
- Rotary Waltz (and Rotary Waltz Figures)
- Swing Waltz (and Club Two Step Figures)
- Latin Waltz (and Salsa Figures)
- Regular (1, 2, 3)
- Hesitation (Only on 1)
- Cantor (1, 3-1, 3-1)
- Waltz Position
- Close Embrace
- Unique Connection (Make Stuff Up)
- Jedi Waltzing (No Connection)
Most variations learned from Campbell and Chris.
For bluesy waltz music, see Dancing Tunes – Bluesy Waltz.
For more detailed instruction in social waltzing, check out Waltzing: A Manual for Dancing and Living by Richard Powers and Nick Enge.